Kayaking on the Weeki Wachee, 25 March 2016
The Weeki Wachee is located in Weeki Wachee, FL and boasts crystal clear spring-fed water that is 72 degrees all year round. The clear water allows you to see the bottom of the river, swimming fish and turtles, and maybe even manatees.
The wilderness on the banks of the river is characteristic Florida nature- thick and swampy with many different bird species making it their home.
It is 7.4 miles in total, but most people do a 5.5 mile paddle, from Paddling Adventures (a canoe/kayak rental shop and launch site) to Rogers Park. //
- No manatees spotted
- Lots of fish, turtles, and birds spotted
- Photos taken on Ricoh WG-M1
- Lunch of sandwiches, fruit, and pitachips
- One rope swing swung off of (not by me)
- One person dunked into the water (me)
- Minimal sun and bugs
- Two yellow kayaks, one red, one blue, and one hoopty blue canoe
- Three college students, two parents, and one adopted parent